Thursday, August 8, 2019

what I do after graduate

Today I want to dedicate this post as a remembrance of my biggest achievement in life, so far. Also, this will be my expression of gratitude to The Almighty God, Allah Taala that granted me rezeki and blessing for everything that I have until now. Who knows, someone might read this and recalled their journey in life, and continue bersyukur for everything that they have. 

I took degree in biomedical science after passing my foundation years with 4flat CGPA. To get this kind of 4 really took hell of effort. I recalled that I did the exercises till midnight. I rarely socialized because I kept myself busy with studying (NERD DETECTED)  I make sure that I finished the given homeworks before discussion in class, I created my notes with black and blue pens (which turned out to be very interesting to refer 74632821594329999 times daily) and PRAYED HARD to get this 4 hahaha. But nothing beat this. It must be the blessing due to my parents prayers. Definitely.

So I entered Universiti Kuala Lumpur for 4 years. Within that 4 years, I turned myself from an amateur nerd, to a pro nerd with skills LOL. 

I literally told myself that I am so not gonna be a better person with books only. Thus I entered numerous debate tournaments, participated in many activities and joined programs that enhanced my soft skills. I managed to be a student leader, and even represented my uni for global leadership program held in University of Oxford. Everything that I went through those days gave myself life experiences, for me to be a better person, to be a better citizen and better Muslim in shaa Allah. Still, academic always at the first place.

Then, I officially graduated on October 2018.

This is the time when a real life started isn't?

Actually my after-student life started after I finished my industrial training semester. I worked as a Research Assistant (RA) for 3 months under KKM. Next, after my graduation, I applied for Pharmacy Assistant at a private independent pharmacy. So I got in, and stayed in my parents house.

For both jobs that I mentioned, were actually lari bidang from what I actually studied. But I don't really mind because I need working experiences (that every company and industry wanted) so that I can have add-on on my resume. Seriously guys, the gaji were very small in values. It wasn't that I am not grateful but in reality, we all need to live. I think that I managed to survive because I lived with my parents at that time.

I kept my intention straight. I wanted to do this job because I wanted the experiences, and working skills. I made the job enjoyable and knowledgable because I learnt something new. I remember that I always told myself to give the best of me, so the boss will sayang me hehe. And THEY DID <3

Fast forward,
I got an offer as a Scientific Officer (SO) at PPUKM.

Of course, with the interview done within the time me as a pharmacy assistant (took 1 day off to KL for interview).

Actually, that day, I just went back home from hospital. Ayah admitted to the ward and I was the one who jaga him at that night. Then, I opened my email and read the offer. I passed the interview and it was overwhelming. Because this job is a position that you will definitely have to apply everything you learnt before, your degree. Of course this is what I want. And Allah gave me what I wanted.

*tadah tangan kesyukuran*

So I moved to KL. And here I am, blogging with my laptop, in a veeerrryyy traffic-jam-city. God, there is jerebu now. My throat is in pain.


This shaky image is taken on 22nd April 2019, showing a 24 y/o lady that looks like 17 without make-up on her first day at work, going back home at 5pm, with red back pack and nerd glasses



By the way looking like 17 years old is not what I claimed! Its people who talking OK! Hahahaha
OK need to put make up to be matured-looking. Noted.


Hi meja. Let's work together ok


By the way, PPUKM use Bahasa in everything. It is good though, but just me need to adapt because I learnt and studied everything in English. Even the SOP and manuals, the documentation, everything lah, all in Bahasa. Feels very patriotic (no kidding)

Bahasa jiwa bangsa kan *both thumbs up*

The pic above were taken on my first day. Now I've been working there almost 4 months already. Time flies so fast!!

The make ups are loaded in the drawers - checked
The PC and wires all set up - checked
The books and stationaries are present so that I am not jotting down everything in the phone and looks like I am not paying attention - checked
Brain and motivation - checked.

IM GOOD.


Alhamdulillah..
Surely, all these are the graces from God, due to my parents prayers.
To Ayah and Emak, again and again, Alhamdulillah for this. Both of you must be doakan me in every prayers right. I love you both and wanted to repay all your sacrifices the best way I can. In shaa Allah

So, instead of doing my Organic by Sophia,
this is what I do after passing my student-uni-life.

No comments: